The Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce is proud to support career development and youth retention in our community by offering scholarships to secondary school graduates attending a post-secondary institution and/or path into the Skilled Trades in Thunder Bay the following school year.
Recipients of 2023 Scholarship COMING SOON:
- One (1) scholarship valued at $1,000 to a candidate pursuing further post secondary education in a business-related program in Thunder Bay sponsored by North Superior Workforce Planning Board.
- One (1) Women in Trades Scholarship valued at $1,500 to a candidate pursuing paths into the skilled trades in Thunder Bay sponsored by Itec 2000.
Applications for 2023 are now closed.
- Financial need is not a consideration.
- Information will be held in confidence.
- Application deadline extended and must be received in the Chamber offices before May 15, 2023.
- The judges will consider all applications.
- An interview will be required for successful finalists.
In addition to the info in the form below, you’ll be required to upload:
- Complete transcript
- A letter of reference from a community member (for example: teacher, volunteer coordinator or sports coach) which speaks to the engagement and commitment you’ve demonstrated under their supervision.
For additional information, please call the Chamber office at (807) 624-2626.
2023 Secondary School Scholarship Application
- Academic Achievement: 20pts
- School Activities: 20pts
- Completed Courses: 10pts
- Co-operative Education: 5pts
- Employment: 10pts
- Self-Employment: 15pts
- Community Involvement: 15pts
- Other Activities: 5pts
- Total: 100pts