The Member Services Specialist (one-year intern position) works collaboratively with key staff to organize, administer, and evaluate member recruitment, engagement and empowerment activities provided by the Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assist with membership recruitment & retention activities, upgrades, and advertising sales
- Responsible for member data entry and information updates
- Manage set-up and implementation of Chamber Perks phone app
- Coordinate ‘Your Quarterly Training’ member orientation sessions
- Coordinate Ambassador Taskforce communication and activities including business visits and member drop-in opportunities
- Distribute member renewal billings and provide support for collections and cancellations as required
- Attend chamber special events and other external meetings as determined by the President
- Assist in the delivery of member events including After Business, Member Socials and Leaders Luncheons.
- Any other duties as may be assigned
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable making cold calls to prospects
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office 365, Excel, Word and database management
- Excellent organizational skills
- Focused and goal oriented
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to speak French an asset
- Valid driver’s license and use of reliable personal vehicle
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Candidate must be a new entrant into the workforce, are transitioning to a new career, or the unemployed or underemployed who are entering a new field.
- Candidate must have not previously participated in an NOHFC funded internship in the 2020 Mandate.
- Candidate must be 18 years of age or older.
- Candidate must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Once hired, the candidate must reside in the Northern Ontario community in which they are employed.
Interested candidates should submit their resume complete with cover letter outlining how their experiences and interest align with the position description to email@example.com
Anticipated job start: June 2022
This opportunity is proudly supported by Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation and is funded through the Workforce Development Program. Eligibility requirements of the program can be found here.