The Engagement Services Coordinator is a one-year, full-time position that works closely with other team members and is instrumental in the delivery of services and activities that create engagement opportunities for Chamber Members.
Responsible for the administration of events including the APEX Aboriginal Partnership Exchange, Leaders Luncheon Series, After Business, Member Social, Golf Classic and webinar programming. Works in collaboration with colleagues and partner organizations to coordinate large scale events including the Business Awards Gala, Prosperity Northwest Business Forum & Trade Show, and Chair’s Reception & AGM. Assists with creation and sharing of social media content that supports Chamber activities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning, logistics coordination, promotion and execution of small and large scale events
- Prepare and evaluate event participant surveys
- Assist in securing event sponsorships (including prizes for golf classic)
- Maintain data management system (event registrations, billing and payments)
- Assisting with social media content development and distribution
- Facilitate relationship development between charities and businesses by conducting regular surveys to Member charities to collect information about their upcoming activities and requirements; and, conducting targeted outreach to member business to increase awareness of opportunities to support charities and engage in community good works
- Assisting the Chamber’s 100 People Who Care campaign
- Other duties as required
Skills and Qualifications:
- Effective time management skills. Must be extremely organized, able to set priorities and manage multiple projects
- Flexibility in working hours with the ability to work evenings based on event schedules
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and customer service focused
- Previous event planning experience and/or event planning certificate considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license and use of reliable personal vehicle
- Ability to speak French considered an asset
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Teams
- Virtual meeting platform – Zoom, Remo an asset
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) / Canva an asset
- WordPress an asset
- Video editing an asset
- Candidate must be a new entrant into the workforce, are transitioning to a new career, or the unemployed or underemployed who are entering a new field.
- Candidate must have not previously participated in an NOHFC funded internship in the 2020 Mandate.
- Candidate must be 18 years of age or older.
- Candidate must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Once hired, the candidate must reside in the Northern Ontario community in which they are employed.
Interested candidates should submit their resume complete with cover letter outlining how their experiences and interest align with the position description to firstname.lastname@example.org
Anticipated job start: May/June 2022
This opportunity is proudly supported by Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation and is funded through the Workforce Development Program. Eligibility requirements of the program can be found here.