100 People Who Care Thunder Bay is a fundraising group with a goal of raising $10,000 for a grassroots Thunder Bay charity every quarter.
How does it work?
- Every quarter, participants each chip in $100 to a funding pool.
- Participants nominate, discuss and vote for a single charity to receive the quarterly pool.
- Nominations and discussion leading up to the meeting take place in the TBay 100 People Facebook Group.
- Optional meetings every three months let you connect with other participants while we catch up with the last quarter’s charity, finalize voting and announce the next recipient.
To join us, register for the next 100 People Who Care event!
- Nominations will open a week ahead of voting. You must have completed your e-transfer to make a nomination.
- Nominations will close and you will receive a voting link via email with a link to nominee information.
- Voting will close. Votes will be tallied.
- Winner will be announced via 100 People Who Care Facebook page. Winner will be contacted.
- Any participant may make their donation and then nominate a charity/program for consideration.
- 100% of funds collected will go towards costs of the program, no administrative fees.
- Group donations may be used by the winning charity for operational expenses, regular activities and special projects.
- Members who did not vote for the selected organization agree to make their donation regardless. Members can, of course, feel free to donate their money or time privately to the other charities if they wish.
- Members will receive a tax receipt directly from the charity.
- Charities under consideration must:
- be Members of the Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce
- serve the Thunder Bay area, and
- provide individual tax receipts directly to contributing members.
- A charity not selected at one meeting may be submitted again at a subsequent meeting.
- The recipient charity must agree not to give out participant information to any third parties except for tax purposes.
- The recipient charity agrees to send a representative to the following quarter’s event to report on outcomes of the donation.